• KSVY 91.3 FM Sonoma RADIO PROGRAMS!
Open Invitation to all storytellers...
The Story Lovers World Online library keeps growing. It now contains...
BARE BONES BOOKS:
Volume 1 – Old Persia (30 traditional Persian folktales from 1919 and earlier)
Volume 2 – Old Russia (38 traditional Russian folktales from the 1800s)
Volume 3 - True Love (77 enduring worldwide love stories through the ages)
Volume 4 – Halloween (105 ageless scary, funny, eerie stories/songs/jokes)
Volume 5 – In the Spirit of the Winter Holidays (109 winter holiday stories)
Volume 6 – Healing Stories (24 healing stories plus links to online resources)
Volume 7 – Croaks Heard 'Round the World (39 stories about frogs)
Volume 8 – A Bit O' the Irish (102 stories/jokes/blessings/proverbs)
• Story Tsunami 2004 (survivor accounts/stories/folktales from areas affected)
• Hurricane Katrina 2005: Stories Before and After: Stories, thoughts and reflections on this life-changing event from survivors, supporters, storytellers and others.
• Come Sit on Grandma's Knee (25 public domain stories from around the world with original illustrations)
• Storytelling in Schools (2007) (co-authored with Kate Dudding). Detailed descriptions of 90+ school programs using storytellers and storytelling techniques to supplement the traditional curriculum. Contact information included.
• Bees, Beetles, Butterflies and Other Beguiling Bugs (2008) (compilation in support of the national CSLP (Collaborative Summer Library Program) 2008 summer theme "Catch the Reading Bug!") — 125 tales, 166-page book; full-page color photos may cause slow PDF download time–be patient!
MOST RECENT RELEASES (Summer 2010):
• Water, Water Everywhere — Make a Splash! (2010) (in support of the CSLP 2010 summer theme "Make a Splash!") — 17 chapters about water in its many different forms. Hundreds of books, links to stories, folktales, fairy tales, online links, and preschool & classroom activities.
• A Story Garden of Fun and Fantasy (Summer 2010)
12 published newspaper columns containing worldwide folktales about seeds and plants with fun recipes for families to prepare and enjoy together. Free seed packets offered with a SASE.
• STORYTELLING IN SCHOOLS
• Quantitative Studies
• Innovative Projects
by Jackie Baldwin and Kate Dudding
A booklet, brochure and a web site now document the use of storytelling and storytelling techniques in nationwide classrooms to supplement, enhance and teach across the standard curriculum. Partially underwritten by the National Storytelling Network through a Member Grant.